Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Citizen Kane of Blog Posts? Not a Chance

All right, first post and I'm excited. Of course I spent the whole evening getting this blog to look the way I wanted it to and now I'm tired and I'm not sure what to even write about. I have plans for what I'm going to post in the future, but is it possible for your first post to be anything but a throw-away? Is it possible for me to post relevant content in the first blog post?

I wrote a paper today for my film history class on Citizen Kane, and it's probably not as good as it could be.  You know, I get a lot of people who watch Kane and disagree that it's the best movie ever made. To be honest, when I watched it the first time I thought it was pretty dull and hard to get through. Maybe I didn't give it a fair chance, I don't know. But since then I've seen it probably three more times, and I have to say I do really enjoy the movie now. There are a number of elements, plot-wise, technique-wise, that I didn't pick up on the first time through, and I guess it's like reading a book again in that I catch something I didn't notice the previous time. And I think that's kind of cool.

But anyways, one of the books I checked out from the library has the shooting script in it, and I'm pretty excited to read through it, to revisit the movie again from a different perspective.

I also picked up the script for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and I'm excited to give that a read, too.

I'm gonna keep this post short and not get too in-depth here right off the bat, especially since I have to do my Spanish homework before I go to sleep tonight. So I'm gonna curtail this post here for now, and pick up on my ruminations at another date.

Until then,

Kenny

(Also, I know that was a very "e-mail" way to end this post, but hey cut me some slack, I'm new at this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment