Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Digital Storytelling: Video Section Goals

My goals for this upcoming video section don't really have to do with anything technical; as a film major, I'm familiar with audio/video equipment as well as editing software such as Final Cut. I also work at the Instructional Support Services (ISS) on campus, where we rent out equipment to other students. As part of my job, we must know how to troubleshoot everything in case a patron needs help.

Instead, my goals for this section are to challenge myself to create compelling and creative content. I'd like to create something unique and interesting; videos that have something to say. Overall I guess, I'd like to come up with videos that tell good stories.

I don't necessarily mean a cut-and-dry storytelling formula. I'd like to experiment with the form, whether they be skits or shorts or a documentary or something entirely different. I don't really have a specific story idea in mind yet, but I have an idea of what I'm looking for.

But since I don't really have to worry about the technical side I want to use this opportunity to focus on creating really good content.

No comments:

Post a Comment