Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My Friends iPhone Stop Motion - Third Video



Most of the explanation is at the beginning of the video. I was thinking of video ideas and scrolling through my iPhone 5 when I saw all these pictures in my phone. See, the iPhone takes pictures so quickly that when you put them together, they can make a little movie.Apple AT&T 16GB White iPhone 5 Wireless Cellular Phone - 69301 (Google Affiliate Ad)

So I imported all the images into Final Cut Pro, dropped them into the timeline, and shortened all the images to 3 frames long. Then I added all the text and found the song. It actually took a couple tries to find a song that I felt fit pretty well. And then I uploaded it.

For me, it was really cool to see all the pictures played through that quickly, since I'd only ever seen them on my phone. It just kind of worked out that my friend took the pictures quickly enough to capture the illusion of movement. I mean, in a way that's all movies are: the illusion of movement by playing back a series of images at the right speed.

3 comments:

  1. Nice video, pretty creative way to use something that most other people would be so annoyed about! I know people take pictures on my phone all the time but I guess not as much as that...haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, that's crazy that iphone takes photos that easily/quickly. It almost looks like a video. I'm ready to retire my droid for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! that's amazing that that's stop motion, i'm seriously so impressed! Really great video!!

    ReplyDelete