Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Favorite Cover from "Albums Without Sound"

Courtesy of: http://albumswithoutsound.tumblr.com/

I love this album cover. The past few weeks I've been obsessed with minimalism, so I'm a huge fan of the simplicity of the cover. The text on the top right is small and unobtrusive and colored with simply colors. It also strangely seems to fit with the picture. "Mass Flow Rate" makes me think of the movement of the water, and the title "It Goes On Forever" fits because the water and sky on the horizon seem to continue on forever as well.

The color are also awesome. Those shades of purple and yellow complement each other perfectly. The image is just a beautiful picture, one of the best sunset pics I've seen.

The album cover also makes me think that if this band actually put out this album, it would be maybe atmospheric, electronic, indie, that it would sound somehow nostalgic and emotional. It would be mellow, soothing music, and I'm a fan of that. So that's why this album cover stood out.

No comments:

Post a Comment